The deadline for applications to the Sixth Form at the University of Birmingham School has now passed. From Monday 13 February we will be accepting late applications, using UCAS Progress online where you will need to submit your predicted grades.
LATE APPLICATION OPEN FROM: Monday 13 February 2017
Late applications will only be considered once applications have been processed for those who have applied before 29 January 2017 (i.e. those who apply within the prescribed timescale.)
Steps to using UCAS Progress
1. Create an account on this page: https://www.ucasprogress.com/account/pickaschool. Enter your current School here. If you cannot find it, you may need to enter a variation of your School's name. Otherwise, select 'I cannot find my School' and continue with your account registration.
2. Once you have created an account, use this link to find and select courses at the University of Birmingham School, and add them to your 'Favourites'.
You should select three or four A level courses, depending on how may subjects you wish to study when you begin Year 12.
3. Click on the 'Profile' tab. Fill in all of your profile details, including your qualifications and predicted grades. This profile will be used in all post-16 applications you make via UCAS Progress.
NB: You do not have to write a Personal Statement or fill in Work History for your application to UoB School Sixth Form. These sections will not be considered as part of your application.
4. Once you have completed all sections in your profile, click on the 'Applications' tab. Start a new application, select the courses you want to study, and fill in any remaining questions (eg medical information). Ensure all of your profile details are complete (check 'Summary' on the 'Profiles' tab if you are unsure).
5. Submit your application.
UCAS Progress will send you an email to let you know if your application is being processed. We will send you an acknowledgement in receipt of your application (NB: We acknowledge applications at least weekly during term time.) If we need to contact you for any further information, we will return your application and message you through UCAS progress. After 27 January 2017, we will contact your current School for an academic reference.
Please ensure you check messages on UCAS Progress on a regular basis.
Things to note:
- Qualifications: If you are studying GCSE Core and Additional Science (sometimes called Double Award Science), you will need to add 'Science' as a qualification, and then add another qualification in the blank box underneath the dropdown menu. Write 'Additional Science' into this box.
- Order of Preferences: If you select five or more A level subjects to apply for, we will take your preference order into account.
You can find frequently asked questions about UCAS Progress here. If you need any further support with using UCAS Progress, you can call them on 0371 468 2568.
To be eligible for entry into the University of Birmingham School’s Sixth Form you will be expected to meet the minimum academic entry requirements:
Offers will be based upon predicted grades and will be conditional on achieving those results. Details of how to enrol when you receive your final results will be sent out with offers.